Things One Can Adapt to Live Self-Sufficient And Simple Life
In this fast growing realm, it becomes so difficult and complicated to sustain and maintain one’s lifestyle. People need to work eighty hours a week just to uphold their status. They feel their feet trapped under the demands of society and culture. At the times of economic uncertainty, fears appear to be taking their toll on their health, wellbeing and finical status. So it becomes important to be self-sufficient to save money and sustain under any situations to meet their basic requirement without public subsidies.
A person who is addicted to country life or one who lives in urban or rural communities both can adopt various measures to have self-sufficient and simple living. How, where and what one can to do to become self-sufficient is his personal subjective. Though this method takes time to exercises, but once you reach there it can be quite liberating. It is not difficult for those who have the time and readiness.
Self-sufficient and simple living can encompass of various things. One can seek to deal with the chaos of common life like putting away their cell phone, rushing out from their hectic schedules, etc. They can prepare their dinner by using herbs cultivated in their own garden. Learning various calm, meditative skills like candle-making or crafts, or tending bonsai plants for survivalism. Some other measure that one can espouse to become self-sufficient are as follows:
- One can grow, raise and preserve food
- One can use solar cooker to make food
- One can collect and conserve water
- One can use solar water panels in their home’
- One can domesticate chickens for meats and eggs
- One can domesticate sheep’s for wool and meat
- One can domesticate cow, goat for their dairy needs
- One can learn various method of food preservation
- One can make his own furniture’s using tree branches and waste materials
- One can produce his own electricity and fuel.
- One can make and repair tools
Advantages of self-sufficient and simple living:
- bring sense of freedom to one’s life
- reduce your dependency on money
- reduce stressful work schedule
- no impact of local or regional emergencies
- sense of personal accomplishment and satisfaction,
- create a positive, healthy attitude.
- lead to learn various survival skills
One can get a variety of methods by reading self-sufficient and simple living blogs and article online. There are many dedicated website index on internet that can provide complete information on various methods one can espouse to become self-sufficient despite of lack of knowledge, space, time or money.
Such blogs and article fosters caring advice on how one can become more self- sufficient and less dependent on economic system job market, government and any other system that seeks to control their individualistic autonomy. One should truly consider what values he holds and should develop them to become the best and self-sufficient they can be.
People have many reasons for wanting to become more self sufficient. Some want to save money; some fear what may come in the future, and some just like being able to do things for themselves. Here are several ways that you could become more self sufficient.
Ten Ways to Become More Self Sufficient
1. Grow a Vegetable Garden – This is a great way to reduce your dependence on the food system. Many vegetables are imported, and should there be a disruption of shipping, vegetables may become more expensive or harder to find. Even a small patch of yard can produce quite a few vegetables if used efficiently. If you don’t have a yard, you could try growing a few vegetables in a windowbox garden, growing your own sprouts, or even growing mushrooms. If you’re feeling ambitious, you could try growing fruit trees, or your own grain.
2. Start a Home Based Business – You can buffer yourself against some of the effects of an economic downturn by diversifying your income. You don’t have to quit your job, or even be considering quitting your job to start a home based business. Find a hobby that you enjoy doing that you could make money at such as soap making or selling books online. Should it become necessary, the hobby could be expanded into a full time job.
3. Learn How to Cook from Scratch – This will reduce your dependence on processed food and takeout and can save you a lot of money. The food that you eat will be healthier and probably taste better as well. It will also help you use your vegetable garden to it’s fullest capacity . –watch this FREE video!
4. Learn How to Preserve Food – Again, you can reduce your dependence on processed food. You will also be able to control the ingredients that go into your food more easily. Any excess from your vegetable garden can be used efficiently, and you can also make use of neighbors’ excesses and the occasional windfall of a large amount of produce from somewhere.
5. Learn to Take Care of Your Vehicle – Even if it’s only to change your own oil, this allows you to take some of the responsibility of caring for your own car. Learn basic maintenance to save yourself money.
6. Learn Basic Household Maintenance – Being able to repair basic plumbing problems, or basic electrical problems can save you a lot of money and allow you to rely on yourself much of the time.
7.. Create Your Own Water Cachement System – A cistern or a rain barrel system can be of huge use should the local water system fail temporarily. If you’re on a water metre This can also save you quite a bit when watering your garden.
Awesome DIY Projects that You’ve Never Heard of: –US Water Revolution -Have Plenty of Water when others don't have any! –Watch This FREE Video
8. Exercise – Perhaps not as self evident as the others, Exercising to maintain your health can allow you a reduced dependence on the medical system.
9. Create Your Own Energy System – Large or small scale, this can help you be self reliant in the case of a power outage. A solar or wind system can also help you save money on your electric bill. Even a micro-system to allow you to charge batteries would be helpful in a prolonged power outage and would save money on batteries.
10. Learn How to Produce Necessities – Knowing how to produce soap, make a diaper, make cheese and a myriad of other skills can be invaluable. If you know how to make something yourself, it becomes your choice whether or not you want to rely on someone else to make it. You can save money by doing yourself and even use your new skill in a home based business should you choose to.
Even a small action can make you more self sufficient. Take just a single one of these suggestions and begin learning about it, and you’re on the road toward more self sufficiency.