A BLIND Bulgarian clairvoyant who predicted 9/11 and Brexit has made some major predictions of what's to come in 2018.
'Nostradamus from Bulgaria': Blind mystic who 'predicted 9/11, ISIS and Brexit predicts world-changing events for 2018! Baba Vanga, a Bulgarian woman who died in 1996 aged 85, left predictions going all the way to the 51st Century - when she said the world would end.
Who is Baba Vanga and what predictions that she has made have come true? Here's all you need to know.
Who is Baba Vanga and why should we care what she had to say?
Baba Vanga is called the Nostradamus of the Balkans for good reasons.
Vanga, who died in 1996 at the age of 85, is believed to have predicted the rise of the ISIS, the fall of the twin towers, the 2004 Tsunami, and the global warming, among a host of other events.
“The wolves will be howling in a bush and innocent blood will gush,” is, according to her followers, what she said about the fall of the twin towers.
“Horror, horror! The American brethren will fall after being attacked by the steel birds.“
Born as Vangelia Pandeva Dimitrova, in Strumica, Macedonia, Baba Vanga, mysteriously lost her eyesight when she was 12, during a massive storm.
She went missing for a few days, and it is during one of these days, that she had her first vision.
Baba Vanga rose to popularity as she started to make predictions, and developed a healing touch, during the World War II.
Several dignitaries visited the mystic during the years that she was active, including the Bulgarian tsar, Boris III.
Before she died in 1996 from breast cancer, she had said that her gift would be passed on to a 10 year old girl, living in France, who will then take on from her.
Her house has since been converted into a museum.
What predictions has Baba Vanga made for 2018?
For 2018, Vanga foresaw two world-changing events.
They were that China will become the world's next "super power", taking over from the US and “a new form of energy” will be discovered on Venus.
China’s economy has been steadily expanding over the last few years.
In 1970 the country made up just 4.1% of the total world’s economy but this rose to 15.6% in 2015 and it is continuing to rise.
It has not yet overtaken the US but could soon do so.
In 2015 the US contributed 16.7% of the world’s economy but this is expected to fall to 14.9% in 2025, according to Forbes.
When it comes to Venus, there are no current plans to send a space mission there.
However, the Parker Solar Probe, named after the solar astrophysicist Eugene Parker, is scheduled to launch in July 2018 and will investigate the outer corona of the Sun.
While it won’t land on Venus, it will use the planet's gravitational force to pass around the Sun.
Did Baba Vanga have any other predictions?
Oh yes, many. She said:
- That the 44th President would be black. Vanga correctly predicted Barack Obama becoming the US President in 2008.
- Europe will cease to exist: According to Vanga, the continent will cease to exist by 2016, and all that would remain will be empty spaces and wasteland, nearly devoid of any form of life. She is reported to have said that chemical weapons would be used by extremists against Europe.
- Muslims will invade Europe: The blind mystic had also predicted that Muslims will invade Europe, and there will be widespread destruction by extremists, which will go on for many years, until the continent ceases to exist. She had also predicted that a Great Muslim War will begin in Syria.
- China will become the new super power: She says China is set to become the new superpower in 2018, bringing an end to the United States and its economy. According to her, the exploiters (the developed nations) will become the exploited (the third world).
- On to Venus: Humans will travel to Venus, according to the Baba, in search of new energy sources. They might even set up a colony there.
- The death of the Earth: By 3797, everything on Earth will cease to exist. However, humans will be advanced enough to move to a new star system.